Tuesday 16 September 2014

Technology updates



Hello, Everyone.

I was recently invited to deliver a plenary speech at the International Symposium on ESL Writing Research at Wuhan University of Technology, China.  Although I was excited to deliver a talk on effective technologies that I use in my writing classes, the speech was meaningless, as many of the sites that I described cannot be accessed in China!

This is one of the major problems about living in Macau, which is part of China but which is not really part of China!

Even though we have now moved to the new campus, which was officially built on Chinese soil but has now been handed over to Macau (it is separated by a wall from the rest of China), problems exist when communicating with China.

I have to learn about more technologies that are only accessed in China!  My new goal for 2014.....

Hope you are all doing fine!

I would also like to take this opportunity to share our call for proposals with everyone for our upcoming conference in 2015!

Best,
Evelyn


No comments:

Post a Comment