Sunday 2 December 2012

Week 9 Reflections

The best part of this week was submitting the final project. It was fun doing the project, but relieving to get it done as well!  I learned a lot about myself while making the project; it was a good project-based learning experience.  I think that my project will produce a fine longitudinal study that may turn into a research piece later when I have some data on the effectiveness of my preventative solutions.  My goal is to see if the teachers in my program can incorporate some of my strategies for preventing plagiarism into their classes and eventually change the mindset of our students towards citation and plagiarism.
In addition, we discussed learner strategies this week in our Nicenet postings. It was interesting to think of different activities to address the needs of different learning styles.  I also had fun learning about my own style of learning. I am an interpersonal learner, which is very true, and the career that I chose as a teacher suits my learning style well.
Next week is the last week of the lesson, so I feel sad to say goodbye to our E-teacher friends!  It has been such a pleasure working with you all, and I hope that we can stay in touch.  I will keep this blog going and hopefully use it to push myself to do new things in the classroom.  Good luck, Everyone, as we wind down our studies.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Evelyn

    What a way to end the week nine blog post with a nice picture of you all with Santa Claus! Liked it. What a lovely family you've!

    As I read through what will happen to your project I'm now interested to take a look at it. I hope your plan of turning that into a research piece will materialise some day.

    The availability of a wide range of activities that could complement different types of learners was an eye-opener for me.

    Well with everybody a mail or a click away I believe we can all stay in touch as long as we want.

    Good luck to you too.

    Cheers, Cherry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Evelyn,

    You already seem to have started preparing for Christmas, haven't you? Nice picture!

    I also felt relieved after submitting the final project plan. I intend to implement it as soon as I get back to teaching. I am curious to see how it unfolds and how students respond to it.

    We can surely be in touch through the 'Interactive Web'! I also plan to continue using this blog for academic reflections. Hopefully this will keep us connected.

    Good luck for all your future endeavors.

    Vinita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Evelyn,

    I agree with you that submitting the project was accompanied by a feeling of relief. Your hard work will certainly make an effect on your learners and it would be interesting to see it evolving into a research project.

    The culmination is celebrating X-mas; I hope you have a great time with your family. I'm looking forward to it after a demanding period and the best gift will be peace of mind!

    Good luck,

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherry, Vinita, and Paula!

    Thank you very much for your kind Christmas greetings! I hope you all have a safe and wonderful new year!

    Congratulations on successfully passing the course. It does feel good to come to an end!

    Good luck!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete